A better selling experience
- Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
- Clean all flooring and fixtures – lights, fans.
- Repair all plumbing leaks.
- Remove excessive wall hangings, furniture & personal goods.
- Turn on all lights and open the drapes during the daytime.
- Play quiet background music and infuse your home with a comforting scent.
- Vacate the property when and if it’s being shown to prospective buyers.
- Public transportation
- Main roads
- Shopping centres
- Schools and other educational institutions
- Outdoor areas – public pools, parks, playgrounds
Condition of Your Property
- Keep the grass cut and outside clutter to a minimum.
- Apply fresh paint to any wooden fences and your front door.
- Clean windows inside and out.
- Wash or paint your home’s exterior.
- Ensure guttering is firmly attached.
The most important factor when putting your home on the market to sell, is setting the right price. The price at which your property is marketed can make or break the deal.
- A smaller buyers’ pool
- A prolonged stay on the market that will result in lower offers being submitted
Under-pricing of the property may result in:
- You losing money on your investment
- A buyer offering an even lower amount due to a negative perception of the property or area
Reason for Selling
- Reason for selling
- Condition of property
- Design / style
The Cost of Selling
Although you cannot do anything about the location of your property, it plays a very important part in the marketability of your home. So it’s important to take the following into consideration:
- Is your property priced in relation to other offers in your area?
- What type of neighbourhood is your property located in – well established, up-and-coming, transitional?
- Is your property located in an urban or rural area?